I know that the trade is long past, but I came across this song and found it interesting. This video is from Jesse Andrews, which Dejan Kovacevic of the PBC Blog reported in a post today. After trying to find out the name of the kid who wrote it, he actually heard from him.
Dejan,
It took me a while, but I just noticed that you included my Nate McLouth video in your blog. That's amazing! I'm a big fan of yours, and it feels pretty wild to have done a thing that found its way into your reporting. Thanks so much!
I'll note in passing that the irony of the video is that I actually thought (and still think) that the McLouth trade was a smart move. It was really just the fact that Nate's teammates were upset about it, not to mention Nate himself, that made me feel justified in writing a sappy melodramatic song (and also, of course, Nate being one of my favorite Pirates).
Do you have any idea of whether Nate himself knows this video is out there?
Anyway, thanks again for linking, hope your back is doing better, and huge props to you, Chuck, and the rest of the PG team for your consistently awesome reporting.
Jesse
I understand the logistics behind this trade. Andrew McCutchen was waiting in the wings and probably ready to step in. He is also 22 years old and McLouth is 27. By the way, McCutchen has shown some promise since he was called up after the trade. However, I can also see why fans are angry. Here's another Pirates "star" that was traded away for prospects. Mind you, prospects that the Pirates brass called "above average". Is Nate McLouth a major league star? No, but he was the best player on our team and one of the three players that Dave Littlefield...sorry for that Freudian slip, Neal Huntington said he wanted to build the franchise around. Will the Pirates ever win? Only time will tell, but when moves like this are consistently being made, it's doubtful.



























No comments:
Post a Comment