Monday, March 16, 2009

Let's Dance

Here's My Bracket

Pitt Basketball
As expected, Pitt received a #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament. However, they are the #1 seed in the East region. The East, in my opinion, is the toughest region. The East includes Pitt, Oklahoma St. (they seem to be on a roll), Florida St. (played Duke in the ACC Championship after defeating North Carolina), Duke (never count them out), UCLA, and Villanova. This has the potential to be the most interesting region in the entire tournament. I see four teams (Pitt, Duke, UCLA, Nova) in this region that have the talent to win the whole thing! It should be exciting. Let's hope that Pitt can break the Sweet 16 curse.



Robert Morris Basketball
The Colonials were dealt a #15 seed in the Midwest region. They will play the #2 seeded Michigan St. Bobby Mo has a tough game ahead of them, but I think they will embrace it. Coach Mike Rice explains, "I'm not sane. I cannot be sane because think about this statement I am about to make. I am actually thrilled, beyond belief, to be going to Minneapolis and taking a college basketball team to play against Michigan State. Just think about that for one minute. Who in their right mind would ever say that? But for us, the hard part was getting here and now, there is no fear in our hearts. There can't be." I'll be rooting for them even though I can't pick them in my bracket.


Steelers
The Steelers are on the clock at ESPN. Check out what the experts think about the Steelers' draft needs:
http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/video?id=3976437


Pirates
The young guys stepped it up yesterday against the Rays yesterday in a 7-7 tie. Here's how they did: http://www.pittsburghpostgazette.com/pg/09075/955911-63.stm
It's good to see the young talent. However, why not work them into the roster? I mean, it's not like the Pirates have any real stars. Sure, they have guys with potential, but what about the young guys? Bring them up, let them figure out how to win at the pro level, and develop them into future stars. Many of them are FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS!


Penguins
The Pens continued their run for the playoffs yesterday with a 6-4 win over Boston. They now sit in 5th place in the East and seem to be coming together at the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grab The Widget!

Keenan As James Harrison On SNL

Check Out Zazzle.com For My Products