Friday, March 13, 2009

Where The **** Did They Get Those Refs

Pitt Basketball
Yes. Pitt lost to WVU by 14. I'm sure it's not how they wanted to go out of the Big East Tournament, but now they can rest up for a run at the national title. I would have liked to see them play better. Pitt never found a rhythm, especially against that 1-3-1 zone. They had too many turnovers. The list goes on and on about why they lost. And hats off to Bob Huggins and WVU. They outcoached, outplayed, and outhustled the Panthers. However, the loss is not what I had a problem with last night. WHERE THE **** DID THEY GET THE REFS FOR THIS GAME! I mean, I'm not blaming the loss on the refs as I do not believe the outcome of any game should rest on their shoulders. I am, however, say that this was one of the worst officiating crews I have ever seen! First they call the game loose, then tight, then loose again? It was absolutely atrocious. And it went both ways. If this was a Big East officiating crew, the conference should be embarrassed.


Pirates
The Pirates' Craig Monroe went 3-3 yesterday against the Twins, with only hits coming as home runs. His first two home runs came off of starter Scott Baker, and his third off of Kevin Mulvey. Monroe is making a strong case to make the roster, especially with Brandon Moss' injury leaving a void in right field. I think Monroe could really help the Pirates this year, as there is little to no power coming out of the corner outfield positions. The Pirates have depth in the outfield, so it may be a trying task to get all of these players time in the field. We'll have to see how that all turns out. Monroe is 32, making him an elder on the team. However, if he continues to play as consistently as he has in Bradenton, it will be hard for the team to sit him on the bench.


Duquesne Basketball
The Dukes advanced to the A-10 Tournament semifinals with a 78-74 win against #2 seed Rhode Island. This season marks the first time Duquesne has won 20 games since 1981. The Dukes try to keep their hopes of reaching the NCAA Tournament alive tonight when the square off against Dayton.


Penguins
The Pens suffered a 4-3 loss to Columbus last night in a shootout. Although the Penguins lost, they still squeezed a point out of the game and remain in 6th place in the Eastern Conference. The loss snapped a seven game winning streak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grab The Widget!

Keenan As James Harrison On SNL

Check Out Zazzle.com For My Products